Have you ever been Driving along and all of a sudden traffic comes to a stop?
In front of you is stopped traffic as far as you can see. In a very short time, all you can see behind you is stopped cars.Nowhere to go just sit and wait it out.We all have probably been in that bad situation.I have many, many, times.Since I have driven a truck over the road for twenty years.
Been shut down for:
- Road Construction
- Just too many cars not enough road
- Smoke and Fire
The best auto emergency kit we can have is a very personalized kit.
- Family size and age?
- Physical limitations?
- Winter or Summer?
- Just personalize it for our needs.
school of hard knocks
I went there when first started trucking. Got caught out in road shut down, with no water or food.In about four hours you start getting thirsty and little worried where I am going to get something to drink.After eight hours you are really thirsty and something to eat sounds good.Luckily six hours later the road was open and I was able to find food and water.
you do not have to learn the hard way like I did
- Get an auto emergency kit that meets our needs.
- Do all we can to avoid driving in bad weather.
- If we know there is road construction that’s causing a back up try taking a different route.
- One hour early or later makes a lot of difference in traffic flow.
- Slow down and don’t tailgate maybe we won’t be the one causing the backup because of our accident.
- Keep our gas tank full.
- We need to have a plan.
- Phone Charger.
- A good book or video game.
in one hour
Just about every shut down I have been in people start getting out of their cars and trucks in an hour or less.Worrying when the road is going open up. I have had people come ask me for food and water in shutdowns.Seen cars pushed on the shoulder out of gas.
we can be
Taking it in stride with a little planning ahead and a few emergency supplies. A good book to read passes time a lot faster.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND IDEAS
You can it find at https://justbeready.net/resources
Also, many different emergency kits to choose from and compare.
Or leave a comment below.
Just Be Ready